the wanderer
Monday, February 13, 2006
  Leaving on a jet plane...
The last few days have been filled with preparation and cramming in good friend time. I got my renewed passport back in the nick of time, did 90% of my packing 3 days ago, went on a quick trip to San Jose to get tattooed and spend time with some good friends, and had an incredibly good time last night at my going away party. Lots of friends and family showed up, we ate and drank and played poker as I tried to indulge in the wealth of familiar faces, and I did my best to explain to everyone who didn't quite know where I was going and why. They all seem to agree that it's going to be an amazing trip and that what my mother is trying to do is so good, so I'm happy to hear all the encouragement before I take off in 10.5 hours. I'm a bit stressed although I have everything I need together - just the idea of leaving for a month and forgetting anything essential is what's gnawing away at me.

I have to keep this short because I still have some things to do, not the least of which is spending time with my husband who made today an early Valentine's day. I'm headed to Montreal tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be able to post something a bit better from there. For now, here's a fortune I got at the end of a lovely Thai meal last weekend:



How appropriate.

 
Comments:
Enjoy your adventure!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
A man's homeland is wherever he prospers. -Aristophanes

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
ARCHIVES
January 15, 2006 / January 22, 2006 / January 29, 2006 / February 12, 2006 / February 19, 2006 / February 26, 2006 / March 05, 2006 / March 12, 2006 / March 19, 2006 / January 04, 2009 / January 18, 2009 / February 08, 2009 / February 15, 2009 / February 22, 2009 / March 29, 2009 /


Powered by Blogger